I performed stand-up tonight.
It wasn't great. Hell, Joel was in the bathroom for the first joke, but I had to get up there.
I had to.
I even told Joel, very early, I had to, but was worried because there was at least one more comic to go on. I could tell by the waiting body language and I didn't want to step on his toes. As the sentence came out of my mouth, I recognized him. Potter.
Potter was the first comic I met in this town, at the World Trade Center Casino.
The guy that introduced me to the fuck offs - that were in Mutiny-
crap comics- that totally excluded him-
he and I made our first Strip AND LA debut together -
and now he "headlines" at the college fry house-
he was also lucky enough to tell me that-
the EVER talented MARCUS AND MIRIAM moved to LA,
to do as well for themselves
as I know they won't
aside, from all that
I found that out post wanting to grab that mike
it wasn't good
it wasn't great
(even when Joel was pissing for most of the first part)
I wanted nothing else but grab that mike,
and did
and
(aside from all the fried chicken and Hunter Thompson insanities that I left out)
it means and meant nothing less than
everything
No comments:
Post a Comment