Thursday, November 18, 2004

I had to take that back. I was depressed earlier, but stopped...
JayC, as I was watching "In plane site" there was a clip of GWB explaining what we were fighting against, "This isn't about any certain religion. This is evil."
I have never, in my experience known a statue of Justice with her scales, from 30 feet tall to 14 inches high, that was actually wearing a blindfold (Ireland) or steady enough for the scales to be balanced without propping it up with a matchbook (Kate Lownhawr's boss' desk).
The blame goes to the fact that there is an injustice caused by something that holds all the cards and makes no bones about cheating, which leaves you with the decision to either insult your own intelligence and play dumb and play along, or blissfully ignore everything and just trust completely because it's easier. That's why, Gen. JayC's sister's pain allowed to even exist is where the finger pointing comes in.
I can't offer any answers, admittedly, well, obviously cause I'd be drastically underpaid. I will say, that though I do not know what it is like to go through something as horrible as that - more than once! - I am consoled somewhat that she still has that much love to give, knowing the consequences now, and still is in an environment where she can be able to try again, if she chooses. A lot of people don't have that microcosm. And especially with this, the most important one.

Not to slight, but I think women are more in tune with circumstance and their longevity (we have less time to be indecisive).
She will do what she feels is right, and it will be right.

*****
Still I should be reeling from the time had last night. Little ole Bobby Rodgers' show with Stark Theatre at the Freakin' Frog. It had it's moments, great stage combat sequence, some old rehashed jokes turned skits, and of course, Bobby dressed as Colonel Saunders playing the devil (with horns!) humping the top of a pile of women that were fighting over a drumstick. Sheer heaven.
I also won the raffle! I was adorned with a bottle of champagne and a white satin sash that read "#1 SINNER"!
The combination of so many things I love along with the prime opportunity to spout off my favorite Oscar Wilde quote more than thrice ("Nothing makes one so vain as being told one's a sinner.") to random patrons including an author that used some Oscar quotes in his piece who, of course, didn't get it. Still unsure how later I was able to remove all my clothes during a striptease (at home) and still keep it on, but, hey, most sinners are best left oblivious to their magic.
It was a brilliant night of old and new rolling into itself, becoming more extrordinary than possibly ever imagined. Anyone who dares say I moved here for nothing needs only to spend an hour by my side.
I knew it was here. I had to believe that.
Now, there isn't a second now that let's me doubt it.
It's all been for this. Even though I know there's more, IT is beginning again.
Back at ya, Arlo, "This time with feelin'."

Oh, and the new hospital show HOUSE, total crap.

No comments: