Thursday, October 23, 2003

A small rant, I guess:

I've have only had the experience rear it's head recently, yet, it's happened many times before.

My off-handed invitations to have fun have been bombarded with lies and excuses in the form of very weak apologies.

It's a fucking BBQ, people.

If you can't come, then you can't come.

Where did I go wrong? Where in my personality funds someone having to apologize to me for maybe not having a good time with already made plans to have a possible greater time?
I would always take the better opportunity, but I don't think that fibbing would be necessary.

"I'm going somewhere with new people that might be a show opportunity, new contacts, to get laid, free gas" whatever, whatever, ... ANYTHING - that's you, honey.
I'd do it too. But I wouldn't lie.

Cheap beer, a grill, horseshoes, and my man, ... you think that would ever NOT be fun.

I don't need lies or excuses. When I hear a lie, I know it, and I feel it.
It stinks, but I do.
When I don't, it's even more nuts.
Only the macadamians really know, but they'll never tell.

I listen to a lie and feel: what did I do to make this person feel that they can't be honest with me?

Where did I fuck up enough to have others think that falsehoods placate?
Being forced into a situation where I either have to pretend I'm as stupid as they give me credit for to believe such a bad story or just smile and hope it ends quickly.


GEEZ, I was only being nice.

No comments: