Response to Nefarious:
I recently reflected on an argument. I was determined I was right. I had unfortunately not paid attention to the obvious. What my actions would be were based solely on what only I had been through and had done up to that point. The stance was clearly right, but for only me. I displaced my origins, casting them upon the other person who could never have any idea much less the same experiences to with which to identify. Very unfair. I could never know what someone else has lived through to bring them into any situation. My infallible answers were based on nothing but myself.
Going back home is always a big slap in the face that not everyone thinks the same as I.
I need to realize that the same broad exceptance needs to be applied everywhere to everyone with the same understanding. Not just with the ones closest to me. That's why my deadly sin made so much sense with it's counter description....
Wrath - Kindness
Kindness means taking the tender approach, with patience and compassion. Anger is often our first reaction to the problems of others. Impatience with the faults of others is related to this.
They aren't faults because they aren't you.
I've learned many times this year that everything, no matter how ingrained - can be revised. Eso was with me for a couple. It's the same philosophy I've been trying to apply to my parents and their racist, homophobic acquaintances for years.
False hopes, cause the answer is always going to be the same, "that's the way I was raised."
Can't be too false because I was also raised that way and chose different.
The slowly passing into extinction, and more than not, superfluous hope. The South: some bubbles are too strong, numerous, and much too afraid to touch one another without breaking.
I am amazed at the things I perceive, usually too late, but I do now attempt to incorporate other's circumstances even if only applicable to the memory.
Learned: Not everyone's situation starts from where I enter, my past arguments only point the other person's finger at myself.
We are that selfish. We all have that faith in ourselves. Being defensive and projective really reveals a lot of who we are. A fantastic trait, really, not many people have that confidence.
A group of selfish, self-reliant, creative bastards.
I guess that truly was the best way to put it.
Goodnight and much love,
and many many bubbles,
D
No comments:
Post a Comment