If you liked David Gale, then you're gonna LOOOOOVE Mystic River.
Hilarious.
I figured it out really early too, but I thought it was nice that every actor got their own crying scene. And boy oh boy, lots o' ACTING!
I wasn't expecting anything (it just happened to be a film that coincided with me buffet-ing and needing to sit down), so I wasn't let down.
I felt very beat about the head with the exposition. I always recall an episode of the Simpsons when Homer is trying to make suggestions for saving his animated character.
"When Poochie's not in the scene, all the other characters should be asking, 'Where is Poochie? Why isn't Poochie here?'"
It killed me that in EVERY beginning scene the last character was ALWAYS reintroduced by giving a small reaccount of their previous description. "Hey wasn't that the guy (first and last name) that was the one you told me did this...."
Also, Sean Penn reminded me a little too much of my own pressing mortality.
The ending - very Dirty Harry. If I hadn't known Clint was behind that camera, I'd have known anyway.
At least the big black guy beside me thought it was as funny as I did. That was the only thing that helped me through "Twister" without killing someone. (I was hungover enough to have done it during this one too.)
Sorry Dras, don't agree. Pure shit.
Yeah, it's not the worst, but it's the worst I'll see fo' sho'.
Might have translated a little better at the drive-in, but then again, anything does if you do it right.
I just feel REALLY bad for Laura Linney, but at least she got laid in both expensive wastes of my time.
I would have loved to have seen this one with Eso. I know she hated it.
Note to self: perfect reactions. I seem to neverendingly be confronted immediately after entertainment that I didn't enjoy with, "Didn't you just LOOOVE it?" I suppose I should be thankful that the question wasn't, "So, what did you think the theme was?"
A good night, good love, and tons o' good kinky sex to you all!
********
Aside to the missing Teej, the new Nickelback keeps on giving. A MUST. If I have to miss you then I have to, but never forget - anything about BOOBS will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment