Saturday, November 08, 2003

ECLIPSE

MSN article :
“To an astronaut standing on the moon during totality, the sun would be hidden behind a dark Earth outlined by a brilliant red ring consisting of all the world’s sunrises and sunsets.”


She watches all the days born and burn, never having to wait impatiently for the next one. All the beginnings and endings simultaneously rolling over the Earth, she possesses a gift: not ever having to let go of one for the other.
She will see them brought together again tonight as we pass by in a bright red circle.


The two lunar eclipses I’ve seen have all occurred right before something wonderful.
The first in Kansas on the balcony of a hotel, I beamed back before continuing on the way to my future.
The second, I stepped out of the theatre to gape and felt that unidentifiable elation that sneaks up on you with no purpose or reason. That bubbling inner excitement that slowly begins in your stomach then spreads tingling throughout your body wanting to leap out of your skin.
The next night I learned why it was there.


I will be sure to thank her again tonight.

No comments: