Wednesday, February 04, 2004

So Joel was right.

I was only flipped out because I assumed it was a mistake.
I even made my point by saying Janet LOOKED surprised, and only if she's a better actress than I thought, then it might be real - only to be backed up by TJ asking,"Did you ever see 'Poetic Justice'? You know you're bad when Tu-Pac shows you up. "

Now all the bullshit's in.
Stunt.
I still am impressed with my analogy of Nicholas Cage/Elvis/Lisa Marie Presley to Justin somebody/Michael/Janet Jackson.

I do want to state that I had left it that night-
Only to find two very crazy days later - when I was forced to rejoin the mass media of day-to-day - that "apologies" trumped death, war, taxes, oh! and the presidential candidacy on the headline list on CNN.com.

I commented to Joel during the half-time show that the superficial platform -tacky overexpensive cars with cheap, flashy dubs, pumping and grinding, undeserved, monetarily endowed, over-sponsored rap stars grabbing their dicks to a semi-decent beat- wasn't really stirring a patriotic feeling.

Yeah, fuck it all. My opinion doesn't count ever, especially with patriotism and I did groove a bit to Nelly. I can't help it. I like to groove, there's never a choice with that.

Although, not normally pulling for the ole red, white, and depressing, my attitude changed when Kid Rock appeared wearing an American flag.
It was the only shred of Amer-ca.
I leaned in to Joel and asked, "What do you think would happen if the pyrotechnics lit his flag on fire?"

I don't think the audience was too narrowed when the only other flags to be waved during the entire show were by back-up strippers pole dancing on the ones they were holding. Brilliant. That IS talent.

Maybe MTV was a good choice after all. Hell, it did play well to the fucks that the shitty commercials were targeting:
TV shows, expensive shitty cars for aging male idiots with the same soundtrack from last year, awful BUD promos (which brand I have yet to see someone drink this 04), and - COUNT THEM- NINE erectile dysfunction pill ads.
One of the last hard on medication ads - stated, "In cases of erections lasting for more than four hours, THOUGH RARE, please seek a physician." Reality rarely needs its own comic.

A true statistic - the highest rate of domestic violence occurs on Superbowl Sunday
Maybe my home state losing and a stupid stunt saved some bruises and a lot of unnecessary nacho stains.


A society perpetuated by distraction:
Very few remember that Castro hosted the Pope because the next day, it was released that some fat chick sucked off Clinton.
Barbara Walters quit recently. She noted her interview of Castro last year - lowest ratings ever.
Highest?
The David Arquette/Courtney Cox interview.
Now, she has nice boobs.

So I've wasted my blog with the hype it doesn't deserve. But I will admit - even a live action camera up her twat couldn't get me to buy their music.

No comments: