Friday, October 01, 2004

Presidential Debate:

Fascinating, absolutely fascinating.
I was so impressed with Kerry's response to the "loaded" question of what do they believe each other's personal characteristics would stop them from being a good candidate.
I was pleased that the question was given to Bush first.
Once Kerry had the floor, he said responded that it wasn't his job to analyze Bush's character only his ability to do the job correctly.
(I'm paraphrasing, and am going to have to go back and actually watch it to get an accurate transcription SINCE IT WAS FOR SOME REASON EXCLUDED FROM THE MSNBC WEBSITE TRANSCRIPTION).
I was impressed that he totally shut down the question, only to be interrupted
with...

And so I acknowledge that his daughters—I‘ve watched them.

I‘ve chuckled a few times at some of their comments.

(LAUGHTER)

And...

BUSH: I‘m trying to put a leash on them.

(LAUGHTER)

KERRY: Well, I know. I‘ve learned not to do that.

(also, something that was failed to be mentioned in the LAS VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL - it would have possibly negated their caption "neither candidate made any glaring mistakes or scored any personal comments"
They called no attention to the leash comment, but instead ended the debate on HOMELAND SECURITY article with this:
"Bush's daughters raised eyebrows this summer with an irreverant speech at the Republican Convention. In July, Jenna drew headlines when she stuck her tongue out at the national press corp while campaigning with her father."

Somehow, that doesn't make me feel very safe.

Another interesting thing about our newspaper, the article right underneath it containing a debate about the debate (actually the longer of the two) says "shit." The LVRJ printed the word shit on the FRONT page in a HEADLINE article describing the first presidential debate. Funnily, that particular article is the only one of the two that can be accessed online. Or I'd give you the link to both!
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Oct-01-Fri-2004/news/24894344.html
Yeah, the one about the actual election coverage cannot be accessed through their website.
Equally interesting, on August 13, 2004, according to CNN and other news sources, the Las Vegas-Review Journal had announced it's endorsement of Pres. Bush.
I can only find the three sentence news story on this. I cannot find any information on it on the LVRJ website at all.
If anyone has anything on it, let me know.
Because I can certainly see how it's working out.


Also,
I have researched physical behavior. You can look it up. Shruggin your shoulders, breaking eye contact, and eccessive blinking are tell tale signs a person is lying.
Joel and I both mimicked Bush's blinking towards the end. We both got headaches, and I felt sick.
If you get the chance the watch it again. Try it.

Bush also opened and closed his statements with religion.
God bless him.


No comments: