Gen, I have recently been on the other end of that declaration.
"I'm not your last [girl]friend."
I'm (unfortunately) old enough to know that it wasn't the direct projection that caused that reaction.
Some people have been hurt so badly that any sliver of parallel throws them into the stance that THAT will never happen again.
It sucks, yes.
It's someone else's fault and you are needlessly displaced for it, yes.
But it may be a small consolation, if anything,
that they don't want that pain to happen again,
and the only reason you are made aware of it -
is that they don't want it to happen again with you.
+++
Either that or they can't let go and all things will be held up to that crap relationship as substandard-
I've been on the receiving end of that one, too.
Whatever the situation might be - this is a VERY good job.
I've only known you for a short time, but I have box loads of credentials that can prove I have the full authority to say - GOOD job.
Good job, good for you, keep it.
Lots o' contacts, potential REALLY decent money, potential moving up, and discounted entertainment.
Hope the dude is worthy of you, I really do.
If not, the job is worth it.
I hope you are as happy as I am for you.
Move on with your bad ass self.
Keep on movin', honey.
You've kept your face up more than I ever would have been able to at your age.
If anyone can stop you,
I'd be the first to not believe it.
Inspiration comes from the most unlikely of places sometimes.
And I thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment