I should go to bed. I have so many blogs backed up that it's impossible to know where to start from the last place that really didn't leave off properly.
Blogs are strange things, Frank.
I'm an extremely personal person. That's why they are like they are; vague or deleted quickly.
For you, here's one.
Tonight, I saw a concert.
So many circumstances, all as insane as the rest of them (you know what I mean), allowed
a band that i never really knew much of until the week i moved here - saw a picture of bill hicks on their cd cover and explained who he was to a group of strangers, comics
the second concert i went to here - invited that day
the cd i stole
the same cd that was stolen from me
then learned Tj loved them
impromptu invited
next day - joel too
the same place that i always had to go to concerts alone
same place i had been kicked out of two days before i went to SLC to see Joel
I parked on the top of the parking deck because of that - (knowing the long wait to leave later)
Funny, very controlled crowd - no smoking, no bare chests, booo-
but when security made a big show of authority-"WE'RE taking YOU to the holding room."
I was very able to reassure his friends and bystanders that it only meant the exit hallway to the road.
got to dance my butt off- though not knowing the new songs -they switch the back beat a lot from the drums to the melody- i found as long as I kept following the music in circles instead of hard beats - i was never lost
joel had a blast,
lots of good songs -
i like seeing people dance - it means a lot to me- those who are too self conscious to groove - well, there they are (poor things) -
the first night i met you, for instance...
got to have plenty of funky space and turned around to see Joel groovin' in his own -
very fun
we boogied like nuts
i noticed to my right near the end that tj had made his way back near us
i thought he knew we were there
he jammed righteous
so did we
before the last song- i yelled at him and then we were all together
for the final song-
my favorite, too-
we all went ape shit- if i hadn't already been asked prior by security to not light things on fire,
I would have been then
After, Joel and I went up to the truck and hung for a bit - ahem
looking over the strip
all the lights-
nice
as we finally left- a huge fireworks display started going off
(in front of Caesars)-
we were gridlocked-
i grabbed the keys and bolted
we ran to watch
no one else did - though going no where-
but, man,
there was no question-
beautiful
It was a great concert.
Oh,
I forgot to mention:
The band was A Perfect Circle.
he sleeps
I smile
it's early
good
day
No comments:
Post a Comment