1992, Intro to English Literature (111 ENG, required) , I had already studied Donne and Shakes sonnets at that time, so though now forgotten, timely forgivable fucking off.
The Strongest Silk
His lips are of luscious color, a fine red wine,
tempting me to indulge in the pleasures of taste.
Eyes of polished cherry, smooth and refined; bright as an odd marble.
His leg sculptured no less of a Roman statue, as strong and smooth and
caressable as the wooden replacement.
Toes of rough and knotted joints, revealing tales of a rugged life.
Unattractive and foul to the world, I glad would hold them close to my breast
and kiss all four.
Atop his head is graced with the sun of all days,
for a scalp of such beauty should never be tainted with burdens.
A shining orb beckoning the touch of my every fingertip.
An eyebrow of the most fine and fair.
Children gasp at its sight, only I gloat.
No other power could create such a perfect, continuous line.
The most grand possession of my beaut-
A gorgeous diamond, once his mother’s.
He holds it safe and fast, so no one dare thieve.
Fear I have not of a lover eyes with crossed before the stars, or his violent sneeze, as
One day the ornament will be my token of wed,
so promised he.
A heart of gold has my love, and with it captured my devotion infinite.
And the exterior, how much or less,
I love them all and I love them best.
Study hard, ladies.
Though my life continues to prove that you can get a second chance, I still don't believe it.
Be happy, mamas, it's all you've got.
2 comments:
Twitterpaded!
I always wondered how to spell that!
Thanks, babe!
Post a Comment