Friday, January 06, 2006


Looking over the (admittedly) most beautiful site I had ever seen
and made more than a handful also see
in Vegas

was also how was

the year 2006 rung itself in

on the booming strip - Pacific style...
....

and then later...
....

In the fall of 2002, I was rolling around book titles including
If you chose to do nothing, at least do it well

This morning 2006, a gift from my old FedEx guy, the best 9/11 site to date, upon checking the source bio, I was met with their motto:

“If there’s anything worth doing. It is worth doing right.” – Hunter S. Thompson

and then another link to again a knockout info site, the first download began:

“People who shut their eyes to reality, simply invite their own destruction.”
– James Baldwin

I listened to the words of those authors years ago (funnily enough simultaneously spring & fall semester 1996), my abstract literarily snared identifiable: the malaise of the present and the call of the wild future, and now again here I am with the same two guys heading websites that would have never meant the same to me if I had not made the decisions that I have.
I work for an aerial mapping company, as my past mentors again prelude the sky.

I knew well before and after approach that I made a transition entering this new year.
The past few years in particular have been met with blind and beautiful uncertainty, with slews of coincidences erratically popping up months later to indicate my making the right choice, coupled with the blantant many: that I really didn’t have a choice at all.

This year it’s not questionable.
Ringing in 2006 was the first time, I began with no doubt.
Obstacles aren’t passing through limbo anymore, actually some are even being met instantaneously with decision- almost as if they’re not passing through my hands first.
For lack of an other expression, or feeling,
i'm willed.


I’m guessing this is what we owe it, baby.
I'll guess...
This is what we owe it, baby.

“you were my first kiss of 2006, and I will never forget it.”

Neither will anyone else.

Just you wait.

No comments: